[Remark] CDN being the possible reason to the error in loading game icon.

Started by OGM Daniel , Sep 01 2015 02:35 PM

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OGM Daniel

OGM Daniel

Marshal

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:35 PM

Hey guys, actually the issue with the event icon not appearing has got to do with the cache storing. Some times some of the icon / images can be view instantly right after you have clear the browser cache / flash cache.. and some times it doesn't load any thing at all. After trying to understand the real issue, it actually got to do with proxy server which you are connected to. This proxy server is actually the server which you are connecting to with your Local Internet Service Provider. These proxy actually uses these service called CDN (content delivery network), and what is CDN? I've google it up and it show me this -

A content delivery network (CDN) is a system of distributed servers (network) that deliver webpages and other Web content to a user based on the geographic locations of the user, the origin of the webpage and a content delivery server.

So base on the conclusion, these Proxy Servers which uses the CDN has got a setting for a timer to flush out the cache. However if the CDN didn't flush or clear the cache on the regular basis, the page which you are browsing or playing, will continue to download the old data despite your end in clearing the browser cache / flash cache for your computer. So I hope my explanation on this issue will help to explain why some players are able to see the event icon, and some will not see it.

I found another method to flush your Local DNS cache, which is via this guide here - http://www.liquidweb...lush-dns-cache/ (hope this helps)